© Wien Tourismus_Peter Rigaud
Within Vienna, a city of 1.9 million inhabitants, a young, dynamic, research-driven scene is pulsating. Yet, at the same time, Vienna possesses a reliable infrastructure that meets the highest standards available.
Vienna not only stands for tradition and can boast of a culture that is centuries-old, it is also an innovative capital and one that maintains a vibrant presence! For the eighth year in a row, the Danube-based metropolis was chosen as the city with the highest quality of life, according to the Mercer survey.
Vienna offers short transportation distances and provides the best infrastructure: in 16 minutes, the City Airport Train brings travelers from the heart of the capital directly to the airport; regardless of weather conditions, its public transportation system runs reliably and at peak times operates in 90-second intervals. In Vienna, fresh mountain spring water flows directly from the tap to supply its 1.9 million inhabitants.
Not only is Vienna located at the very heart of Europe, bridging the gap between Western and Eastern Europe, but it also contains 200,000 students, making Vienna the largest German-speaking university location. This phenomenon creates a large pool of potential co-founders and early employees, which, as a consequence, has the potential to be a first-rate target group for your business.
The population of Vienna also enjoys a strong purchasing power, making it an attractive market for various types of products. It is an excellent entry point to the European and DACH markets (the three German-speaking countries of Germany, Austria and Switzerland). Furthermore, Vienna supports business: with real estate and financial funding for companies of all sizes and in every industry and a wide range of free and multilingual services such as advice, workshops and coaching.
- Low cost of living
- €1/day for public transportation
- Only a 3-hour flight to all the economic centers of Europe
- 11 private incubators & INiTS, a university incubator (ranked by UBI Index 2015 as No. 11 worldwide and No. 3 in Europe)
- 32 coworking spaces
- Mountain spring water – on tap
- 700 hectares of vineyards and 190 winegrowers
- Life Ball, one of the largest AIDS charity events in the world
- One of the top 5 ICT cities in Europe
- 780 research-based companies
- 480 life sciences organizations
- Over 200 international business headquarters