Discovering the Berlin FinTech ecosystem!
The Start Alliance Berlin is a two-week program taking place in March 2018 which is intended to help startups from NEW YORK, LONDON, PARIS, SHANGHAI, TEL AVIV and VIENNA to expand their business to Germany via BERLIN. Where are the key players, locations and partners that you could work with? The Start Alliance supports you in getting in touch with the local startup ecosystem. From March 19th - 29th 2018 you will have the opportunity to explore the startup ecosystem and get an understanding of our trendsetting city.
Why you should apply?
Berlin is the first German fintech hotspot: 228 out of 699 fintech startups in Germany are based in Berlin. Start Alliance invites startups to experience this vibrant ecosystem and to use it for their own products or services. Whether your offer is addressed to customers, SMEs or corporates you'll have the opportunity to meet relevant networks and business associations during your stay. The program will deal with a whole range of fintech products: financial investments, payment transactions, account management, peer-to-peer lending - the Start Alliance intends to cover your field of activity.
Selected startups will receive accommodation vouchers for Airbnb and free office space in one of our partner co-working spaces for the duration of the program (or even longer if you want to extend your stay). That way, startups can test the Berlin and European market and connect with the Berlin startup scene and its main actors without any commitment.
Further support is given by connecting startups with meaningful industry partners, universities, by providing location service, financing service and talent service.
Conditions of participation
This event is designed for startups that are beyond the idea/prototype stage and have already successfully launched in their domestic market.
It could be right for you, if your startup is interested in:
- Expanding into the German (or European) market
- Looking for international partners
- Seeking to raise capital internationally (esp. in Germany)
- Recruiting international teams (esp. in Germany)
Accepted startups will receive for free:
- Office space in local co-working space (with possibility to extend up to 4 weeks)
- Accommodation voucher from Airbnb
- Free exhibition space at EXEC Fintech
- Business development coaching
- Connections to VCs through a final demo day
- Talks from industry and specialists
- Several group activities
Please note that expenses for flights are not covered.
The agenda will include many different events such as:
- Welcome session to get to know the program attendants
- Welcome party
- EXEC fintech 2018
- Workshops on: raising money, business development, PR, recruiting, legal, etc.
- Various group activities such as knowledge exchanges, business breakfasts, pizza time, etc.
- Pitch training session
- External startup events
- Final Demo Day